Public Holidays in Brussels
It's always a good idea to find out what public holidays your destination has to avoid unexpected museum closures or join in the celebrations! What public holidays does Brussels celebrate? Does Belgium have a national day?
We recommend checking Brussels’ public holidays before organizing your visit to Belgium’s capital, since this way you will be able to celebrate the city’s most important celebrations and also find out when the museums and monuments close.
- New Years: 1 January
- Easter: Date varies
- Easter Monday: first Monday after Easter
- Workers’ day: 1 May
- Ascension: sixth Thursday after Easter
- Whitsun: seventh Sunday after Easter
- National Belgian holiday: 21 July
- Assumption: 15 August
- All Saint’s Day: 1 November
- Armistice Day: 11 November (End of World War I)
- Christmas Day: 25 December