Learn about the history of cocoa at Choco Story, the Chocolate Museum in Brussels. The ticket also includes a tasting of the museum's irresistible products.
Choco Story is a museum in Brussels dedicated to one of Belgium's most famous products: chocolate! It's located in rue de l'Etuve, just a few metres from the famous Grand-Place in the city centre.
Inside the museum, you'll learn all about the history of cocoa and chocolate, which goes back over 5000 years. The exhibition begins with a review of the Mayan and Aztec origins of chocolate and its subsequent introduction to Europe. You'll discover how this delicious product became popular in France, Belgium and Switzerland, countries that would later become synonymous with chocolate!
During your tour of the museum, you'll learn about the process of making chocolate, from fermentation to drying, roasting and conservation.
What's more, your ticket to Choco Story in Brussels also includes a demonstration by a master chocolatier. You'll be able to watch an expert prepare irresistable pralines, one of the main specialities of the famous Brussels confectioneries.
At the end of the demonstration, you'll enjoy one of the best moments of the visit: tasting the mouth-watering chocolates prepared by the museum's master chocolatier. Bon appétit!
Choco Story Brussels is open every day from 10 am to 6 pm. Last admission is at 5 pm.
If you'd like to learn how to make different creations with cocoa, as well as visiting the museum, you can book this chocolate workshop at Choco Story.
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Entry to Choco Story Brussels.
English language audioguide.
Live demonstration from a master chocolatier.
Tasting of chocolate products.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Rue de l’Etuve, 41.