Enjoy a full-day trip from Brussels to Antwerp, also popularly called The Diamond Capital of the World, and join a guided tour to explore this trendy medieval city, where the world-famous artist Rubens spent most of his life.
Antwerp Day Trip
Head to the Grand Place for 9:30 am to greet your professional English-speaking guide. From there, walk eight minutes to the Brussels Central Station and board a comfortable train to Antwerp.
After a 40-minute ride, you’ll arrive at the striking Antwerp Central Station, one of the most beautiful terminals in Belgium. Embark on a walking tour of the Diamond district, where we'll wander through the Jewish Quarter to visit the Portuguese synagogue and the Orthodox residential area.
Next, we'll continue on past the ancient Royal Palace, known as the 'Meir Palace'. We'll see how it has been changed over time. As we walk along Meir, Antwerp's main shopping street, we'll arrive at the Rubens Museum where we'll find out about one of the most influential baroque artists.
We'll step back in time to the Middle Ages by admiring the imposing Steen Castle (Het Steen in Flemish), which is very close to the harbour. Established in the eleventh century, it is one of the city’s oldest standing buildings. Follow your guide to the Grote Markt, one of the most impressive squares in Flanders, which is flanked by charming typical Flemish houses and accommodates the splendid Town Hall, a unique Renaissance-style building.
Head to Saint Charles Borromeo Church and marvel at its Baroque façade and walk to the façade of the Cathedral of Our Lady, which is home to an exceptional art collection, including several paintings by Rubens.
After the 3 hour walking tour of Antwerp, you'll have three hours of free time. At 5:20 pm we'll head back to Brussels, arriving at 6:30 pm approximately.
Complete your experience
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12|
Children under 12Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Expert English speaking guide.
Return train tickets from Brussels to Antwerp.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Grand Place in Brussels